Organized thematically, the presentation melds design and art to explore the full arc of Saint Laurent's career, from his first days at Dior in 1958 through the splendor of his final runway collection in 2002. Highlights include:
- The Gender Revolution galleries, where visitors will see how Saint Laurent bent (and sometimes broke) the rules of what women were expected to wear crafting the wardrobe for today's modern woman;
- The Yves Saint Laurent and Women section, displaying the clothing of the historic women who wore and supported Saint Laurent, including Catherine Deneuve, Princess Grace of Monaco, and Paloma Picasso;
- The Last Ball section, featuring exquisite evening dresses from the glory days of haute couture complete with a red carpet;
- and the Colors of Yves Saint Laurent gallery, where guests will enjoy vibrant examples from his collections and hundreds of fabric samples.
Denver Hotels Create Yves Saint Laurent: The Retrospective VIP Packages
A dozen Mile High City hotels are offering Yves Saint Laurent: The Retrospective VIP packages, many of which are now available to book online on the YSL Denver website. Guests who purchase the VIP hotel packages will receive two tickets valid for any date and time along with an audio guide for the stunning exhibition for each room booked. The tickets also allow guests to enter the exhibit at the next available time slot, completely bypassing any lines. Participating hotels include: The Brown Palace Hotel & Spa; the Comfort Inn; Four Seasons Hotel Denver; Grand Hyatt Denver; Hilton Garden Inn – Denver Cherry Creek; Hotel Monaco Denver; Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center; JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek; The Ritz-Carlton Denver; Sheraton Denver Downtown; The Curtis; and the Westin Downtown Denver.
Each hotel offers additional fashionable amenities with their Yves Saint Laurent: The Retrospective VIP package, such as:
- The Four Seasons Denver's Parisian Pampering Package includes two VIP tickets to see the exhibit, a $40 credit toward brunch or lunch at EDGE Restaurant and a $100 credit to be pampered at The Spa at Four Seasons, not to mention a special YSL Beauty sample courtesy of Neiman Marcus.
- The JW Marriott Denver's Cherry Creek Couture Getaway includes two VIP exhibit tickets, a $100 Cherry Creek North shopping gift card, a $25 credit at the JW's Second Home Kitchen + Bar and complimentary valet parking.
- The Ritz Carlton Denver's Haute Heights Package includes two VIP tickets, a choice of four fashion-inspired spa treatments and a YSL-inspired amenity upon arrival – a sweet chocolate stiletto or Sultry 'LBD' cocktail (Champagne/Chambord/St. Germain garnished with a black grape)
Yves Saint Laurent: The Retrospective is organized by the Fondation Pierre Berge – Yves Saint Laurent in collaboration with the Denver Art Museum. Funding is provided by the citizens who support the Scientific and Cultural Facilities District and the generous donors to the Annual Fund Leadership Campaign.
About The Denver Art Museum
The Denver Art Museum is a private, nonprofit, educational resource for Colorado. The mission of the museum is to enrich the lives of Colorado and Rocky Mountain residents through the acquisition, preservation and presentation of artworks in both the permanent collections and temporary exhibitions, and by supporting these works with exemplary educational and scholarly programs. The Denver Art Museum is located on 13th Avenue between Broadway and Bannock Streets in downtown Denver. Open Tuesday–Thursday and Saturday–Sunday 10 a.m.–5 p.m., Friday 10 a.m.–8 p.m.; closed Mondays, Thanksgiving and Christmas. General admission for Colorado residents: $10 adults, $8 seniors and students, $3 for visitors 6-18, free for children 5 and younger. Admission for non-Colorado residents: $13 for adults, $10 for seniors and students, $5 for visitors 6-18, free for children 5 and younger. For information in Spanish, call 720-913-0169. For more information, visit www.denverartmuseum.org or call 720-865-5000.
About VISIT DENVER, The Convention & Visitors Bureau
Celebrating more than 100 years of promoting the Mile High City, VISIT DENVER is a nonprofit trade association that contracts with the City of Denver to market Denver as a convention and leisure destination, increasing economic development in the city, creating jobs and generating taxes. A record 12.7 million visitors stayed overnight in Denver in 2010, generating $3 billion in spending, while supporting nearly 50,000 jobs, making Tourism the second largest industry in Denver. Learn more about Denver on the VISITDENVER website and at TOURISMPAYSDENVER, on Twitter @visitdenver and the VISIT DENVER Facebook page, or by phone at 800 2 DENVER.