The report documents Delta's progress since its 2010 report that was published last June.
Significant accomplishments in the 2011 report include:
- Participating in natural disaster relief efforts, including raising more than $1 million worth of combined aid for Japan after its earthquake.
- Rewarding the efforts of Delta employees by distributing more than $324 million in Profit Sharing and Shared Rewards for 2011.
- Joining the Business Environmental Leadership Council for the prestigious Center for Climate and Energy Solutions as the sole airline among 35 large companies discussing ways to find affordable and responsible energy.
- Continuing a tradition of support for a wide variety of charitable organizations, including the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, Habitat for Humanity, the American Red Cross and The Nature Conservancy.
- Promoting efforts to reduce greenhouse gases through retiring older and less fuel-efficient aircraft from the fleet and by improving greenhouse gas emissions reporting.
- Earning recognition as top airline in the Business Travel News annual survey and Travel Weekly's readers' choice as airline of the year.